Monday 18 July 2016

What kit (hardware, software) do you use to create courses? July 2016 edition


I record the screen using Camtasia.

I sometimes edit and process the audio using Audacity.

When I script or make notes I just use text files. I generally write using Markdown so that I can process the text files as a 'document' e.g. using pandoc or dillinger.io

Cameras; 

  • I started with a Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000, 
  • I now use a logitech C920, 
  • I also have a Toshiba Camileo S20 which I'm starting to use. 
  • I also use my phone (Samsung Note II)
For Camera stands I have:


Microphone

The mic is the most important equipment. I started with a microsoft headset but I could never get it in the right place I tried a Blue Yeti, which was good, but kept picking up outside noise.

Now I use an irig which is excellent and very directional so picks up very little background noise.



Microphone Accessories

I have a cheap pop filter and a cheap desk swing boom stand



I had to replace the microphone holder for the desk swing boom stand because the screw thread was plastic and broke. So I bought this instead:



I also have a floor mic stand as well if I need it.



I avoided mic stands sitting on the desk because a lot of my videos require me to type and then the thumping can be heard through the mic stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment